Sonntag, 2. November 2014

Korpiklaani and some other monsters

I was so disappointed when I checked the tourdates of my favourite Finnish bands before I went to Finland because not a single one of them seemed to be giving any concerts at all or just not in Europe during the time of my stay here in Finland. Among these bands I looked up were Korpiklaani and Ensiferum and Kalmah.
So I thought I just have to take what I can get, so I bought tickets for Moonsorrow and Turmion Kätilöt right after I arrived here. :) These concerts have already taken place and I wrote about them in this very blog.

When I prepared my presentation about Korpiklaani two weeks ago, I found out that they in fact do give a concert here! They were in Helsinki to support Lordi who are releasing a new album. I went to the concert just for Korpiklaani though because I just love these guys!

The concert was really nice. I was aware of the fact that they are not as popular in Finland as they are abroad but it was really strange to see how few people were there to see them. It was easy to get a place in the third row although I just came to the stages 10 minutes before the gig began.
And the crowd was not as crazy as in Germany.
Here's the setlist of this evening:
Tuonelan tuvilla
Ruumiinmultaa
Metsämies
Juodan viinaa
Petoeläimen kuola
Sumussa hämärän aamun
Uniaika
Louhen yhdeksäs poika
Vodka
Ievan polkka
Rauta

The most funny thing this evening was for me when they played Juodaan viinaa. Jonne sang the first two lines of the first stanza, then stopped singing, smiled and said "Unohdin tekstiä" (I forgot the lyrics). He improvised something and sang than again the chorus. The second stanza has therefore been sung by Cane, the guitar player. It was awesome. :D
I did not notice any more missing text lines though ... but well, Finnish is not my mothertongue and if he sang something completely different, I wouldn't have even noticed.

If it was after me, they could have continued playing for the whole evening! But it was Lordi's turn quite soon.
I hope to see Korpiklaani again quite soon, either here in Finland or in Germany.

I will put some pictures to this post later on!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen