Freitag, 12. Dezember 2014

The dawn of the last month...

... and it's raining. Again.

Recently it has been raining too much for my taste here in Finland. The sky is grey, dull and dark. When I leave my apartment, it's dark and grey, when I come home from courses it's dark and grey. Sometimes it's dry but freezing cold. But lately, the temperatures rose and a lot of water comes from the sky. Unfortunately in form of rain. I dislike rain in December.
Yesterday I've been excited to see the sun for perhaps 20 minutes. It faded away so quickly though and left nothing but rain. I feel so gloomy and depressed lately, mainly because of the weather. But alas, the whole Finland-experience would be nothing without a winter-depression.

Apart from the weather, I can complain a lot about the university work I have to do at the moment. I've been having two exams last week in Finnish (which I passed both with a good mark - hooray!) and this week I had one in Finnish and today one in art history. I still need to finish one paper which is due on sunday, then I am free and can enjoy the shitty wheather. I could read a book. Or commit suicide. Whatever.

It's so sad for me this month, not only because my time here will soon be over - just 31 days left! :( - but also because christmas is approaching and I will be so far from my family this year. At least my mum promised me to let the christmas tree stand in the living room until I've returned home. =) And then we'll have a nice after-christmas. I'm kinda looking forward to that.

I've not been updating my blog very often lately, mainly because I was too busy or simply because not so much has happened.

I've been to an ice-hockey match though at the beginning of this month, at the 4th. It was the team of Turku against someone else.
It was very exciting for me to see this match as I love to watch ice-hockey from TV and have always longed for being in a stadium. Now finally, I made this dream come true!
[A picture will follow later]
In the first third not so much happened. In the second third the other team shot the first goal and the playing got a bit more interesting. There has been more action. However, the third third finally was as I'm used to watching ice-hockey. There have been bodychecks and aggressive play. The team of Turku scored a goal but shortly after the other team made a second goal. TPS was not able to catch up.
I had popcorn for 4€. I love the salty, Finnish popcorn. I prefer it so much to the sweet German one!

Last friday, the 5th there has been a TYRMY-event again. A Pikkujoulu. Prechristmas-party. It was awesome and I got pretty drunk.
We went to a karaoke party again afterwards. I sang a song together with my Japanese friend. :D It was the same song I actually sang the week before, too. There has been a karaoke-event at the 27th of November, too. At both times I sang Sonata Arctica's FullMoon. I was shaky and damn nervous at the first time and I heard every note I did not hit but the Finns liked it. Perhaps they were just too friendly to say how awful it sounded. However, my performance in December was not good. I was too drunk.

Hm. Despite of saying there was nothing going on, there have indeed been some nice events and happenings!
At the 6th of December, Finland celebrated its independence. Me and my swedish friend as well as a finnish friend participated at the Torchlight parade. I was surprised that this parade was not pompuous or cheerful, no, in contrary it rather felt like a mournful funeral march - especially as we headed to the cemetery. It ended up to be a very nice experience though.

For the second to last time I will have my list here:
What I've done so far
- I've been to a Finnish excavation.
- I've been to Helsinki (3x).
- I've been to Tampere.
- I've been to Espoo (2x) and visited a school there.
- I've been to Tallinn, but did not actually see much of it because I was too tired.
- I've been to five concerts (Moonsorrow, Unioni-festival, Turmion Kätilöt, Korpiklaani, Crimfall on the ship to Tallinn).
- I've been to a karaoke-bar three times.
- I met a lot of Finnish and also international metalheads \m/.
- I've been to a heavy Finnish halloween-sitsit! \m/
- I improved my Finnish-skill a lot!
- I've been to sauna and established some kind of girls' sauna evening together with my Swedish friend.
- I started to learn swordfighting.
- I visited Turunlinna.
- I visited the art museum of Turku.



What I still have to do
- Prepare everything for my departure (sell my goods I don't want to take with me,  return books, sign out of university etc.).
- Go to Stockholm.
- Go to Lapland.
- See northern lights.
- Sauna more often.
- See Ruissalo.
- Visit more museums in Turku, esp. Aboa Vetus!
- Find some cute christmas presents.
- Send postcards from Finland.
- Visit Levykauppa X.
- Become a Finn. :D
- Find a Finnish boyfriend. xD

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen